Wednesday, July 1, 2015

OUR MOVE TO TEXAS & 19 WEEK BUMP

Well, we moved to Texas two and a half weeks ago.  It has been a seriously hectic month.  We're finally getting settled (sorta----boxes are still everywhere).  Nothing is toddler proofed so we have giant boxes barricading the fireplace and stairs.  And it's literally taken two weeks to get internet set up.  (I just want to take this brief moment to say Comcast SUUUUCCCKKKKSSSS.  Okay, done.)



Here's what I've learned so far about the land of Texas:
  1. Stars are to Texas what fleur de lis are to Louisiana.
  2. I need GPS.  I've gotten lost practically every time I've gone anywhere.
  3. Food's cheaper.  Prrretttyyy exciting, especially since I'm eating for two.
  4. The cowboy boots and hat thing are a total stereotype.
There's a lot we have to do around the house to make this place a home.  We've got a lot of painting to do---we have to un-brown the house.  Practically every room is painted brown.  We want to update the fixtures and hang some photos and artwork.  Simple enough, right?  (Right????)

19 WEEKS BUMP

ASOS Maternity Leopard Top 
How far along: 19 weeks
Due: Thanksgiving 2015
Gender: Don't know, won't know.   
Weight gain: about 10 lbs 
Belly button in or out: In
Sleep: Meh.  I can no longer sleep on my stomach and can't seem to get comfortable at night.  I used a Snoogle pillow when pregnant with Violet, but it's just not getting the job done this time around.  
Movement: Big kicks!  Even Jon's been able to feel the baby moving around. 
Cravings: Whole milk (We're up to 3 gallons a week between Violet and me.)
Food aversion: Not really an aversion, but I've noticed tomato-y foods are giving me acid reflux. 
Feeling: Honestly, besides weeks 6 through 11 where I wanted to curl up in the shower and die, this pregnancy has been a breeze compared to the my apocalyptic pregnancy with Violet.
Fun fact: Baby Polk is the size of an heirloom tomato.  Baby can hear our voices and is growing hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment