Thursday, January 8, 2015

GOODBYE 2014

Happy New Year!  (...even if it is a week late.)

Jon took off two weeks (!!!!!) for the holidays and Monday was his first day back to the salt mines.  We are definitely missing him around the house all day.  Violet's new thing is saying "Hi, Dada!" to everything, which is a constant reminder that he's there while we're here.  [insert sad face]

"Violet, do you want more?"
"Hi, Dada!"

"Look, there's Neil!"
"Hi, Dada!"

With the turning of every page in a book..."Hi, Dada!"

When giving me, HER MOTHER, a hug..."Hi, Dada!"

When saying hello or goodbye to anyone, "Hi, Dada!"


Violet also appears to be going through another Wonder Week  (hip, hip, hooray!).  Wonder Week 65 is right on time!  After weeks of blissfully easy bedtime, Violet is suddenly disinterested in going to bed again.  Violet, the horse is dead, put the stick down!  I might remind y'all that sleep deprivation is a torture technique used on suspected terrorists.  On a positive note though, Wonder Week 65 is nothing like the apocalyptic experience Wonder Week 55 was.



Well, in honor of the passing of 2014, I thought I'd share some sweet photos from last year of our once itty, bitty, little, baby girl.


 
My, how she's grown!

As for myself, I've never been one to make New Year's resolutions, but this year I'm gonna jump on that bandwagon.  I've resolved to read a book a month.  As a former high school English teacher, you'd think I read all the time, but I always feel like there's something else I should be doing---laundry, dishes, the list goes on...  However, if I'm going to be completely honest with myself, too often I could be reading and instead I am a lazy bag of Funyun farts.  So, my first book is The Cold Dish by Craig Johnson.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment