Friday, August 7, 2015

24 WEEK BUMP


How far along: 24 weeks
Due: Thanksgiving 2015
Gender: Don't know, won't know.  
Weight gain: about 15 lbs 
Belly button in or out: In
Sleep: Sleep is good!  
Movement: Baby does a lot of late night dancing!    
Cravings: My weakness is definitely sweets.  I can hear the mint chocolate chip ice cream (or "eye pea" as Violet says) in my freezer calling my name right now.
Food aversion: Ugh.  Sweet tea.  Sweet tea used to be my meth.  I could not say no.  However, it doesn't taste quite as good coming up as it does going down.  So, I think sweet tea and I are gonna take a little break.  
Feeling: 98% of the time I feel totally normal---minus the alien movement going on inside my belly.  The other 2% of the time I am having random nausea/throwing up and sciatic nerve pains shooting down into my hip. 
Fun fact: Baby Polk weighs more than a pound and is about as long as an ear of corn! 
Other news: We finally had an ultrasound done a couple of weeks ago.  Only Baby Polk knows his or her gender.  He or she was sitting up and even the ultrasound technician wasn't able to see.  It was so exciting to see the baby's fingers moving around and little baby feet kicking.  Sweet Violet wasn't too keen on what was going on though and was pushing the ultrasound tech's hand away!