Wednesday, December 17, 2014

'TIS THE SEASON FOR A TODDLER

I think Violet is officially a toddler.  Here are some signs that she has made the transition.  Firstly, our Christmas tree is top heavy with ornaments.  Any ornament within her grasp has been relocated.  Many are on the floor, some are in her toy basket, and a few have been replaced on the tree.  When we first introduced her to the tree, she had so much fun taking all of the animal bottle brush ornaments off and giving them kisses.  We'd say, "Go put it back on the tree, Violet" and point and she'd walk back over and try to shove it in the branches.  Since that day, I have found a small stuffed animal, a lone sock, and my contact case in the tree.



My other sign that she's a legit toddler is she's started throwing mini tantrums when she doesn't get what she wants.  She'll throw her little body to the floor and scream and grunt with such passion you'd think we just told her we were canceling Christmas.

Violet has also learned to say "no."  It had to happen eventually.  And I know she learned it from me, so I can't really blame anyone but myself.  I mentioned before how horrible, catastrophic, dreadful, god-awful, heinous, gruesome, grisly diaper changes had been somewhat of a struggle.  Well, quite often I would tell Violet, "NO!" and well, now she's gotten the hang of it herself.  And when it comes time to go into her carseat, she so sweetly shakes her head and says "no, no, no, no, no."  On a positive note, I should add that diaper changes are not bad anymore.  And hopefully I didn't just jinx myself!


Now I want to share with y'all a Christmas miracle.  For the past two nights, Violet has gone to bed without her usual hour long screaming!  For the past couple of months, bedtime has been just awful.  Jon and I tried soo many different things to make it better and nothing was working.  It was so stressful for me because I hate to hear her cry and because I felt like I wasn't doing something right.  I would rather go for a swim in Satan's sludge than have to go through another bad bedtime.  Just saying...

Anyway, I am schedule keeper.  I have kept a log on my phone of the times Violet eats, sleeps, and diaper changes. I have been doing it every.single.day since March.  The file for this note is so big, but I can't bringing myself to delete.  So, I looked back at all the days Violet went to bed easily and tried to find what there was in common.  Every single one of those days, she only napped for about an hour and a half and every bedtime was about five and a half hours after waking up from her nap.  So, two days ago I woke Violet up after and hour and a half and put her to bed five and a half hours later.  BAM!  No crying.  Thank you sweet baby Jesus.  Rejoice!  Rejoice!!!!!


Cajun Christmas Smocked Dress c/o Southern Smocked Company 
This sweet dress Violet is wearing is from Southern Smocked Company.  A friend recently started this business and she sells the cutest smocked dresses, bubbles, and jon-jons, along with a bunch of other super sweet outfits.  If I wasn't on a stay-at-home mom budget, I would probably own one of everything she sells.  She offers free immediate shipping, so if you're looking for an adorable Christmas gift for an adorable little one, check her shop out.

No comments:

Post a Comment