Wednesday, May 27, 2015

POLK, PARTY OF FOUR!

We are SUPER excited to announce that Violet is going to be a big sister!


How far along: 14 weeks
Due: Thanksgiving 2015
Gender: Don't know, won't know.   
Weight gain: about 5 lbs
Maternity clothes: Yes, I started breaking out those bad boys around 6 weeks.  
Belly button in or out: In
Sleep: Pretty good
Movement: I've felt some flutters these past couple of weeks.
Cravings: Whole milk (!!!!!....like I drink a half a gallon a day.), sardines on saltine crackers, and spring salad with sun dried tomatoes, feta, croutons, and Greek vinaigrette.  I'm hoping all the super foods I've been eating this week will cancel out all the Oreos I inhaled ate a few weeks ago.
Food aversion: I am not feeling cilantro.  Stay away.
Feeling: I feel pretty tired by the end of the day.  Besides the occasional headache (thanks hormones), I've been free of all the other icky pregnant side effects these past few weeks.
Fun fact: Baby Polk is the size of a lemon.  Baby is now squinting, peeing, and maybe even sucking his/her thumb!






Violet Update: We told Violet I was pregnant several weeks ago.  Obviously she doesn't grasp how much this is going to rock her world yet, but she sometimes pokes my belly and said, "baby."  We've been trying to figure out a better sleep schedule for her because it's obvious she still needs a nap, but if it's too long, she takes forever to go to bed.  Hopefully we'll have all this hashed out very soon because me.need.sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment