Sunday, March 15, 2015

SPRING IS HERE!

I'm so excited that spring is here.  (Well, almost.)  It definitely feels and looks like spring.  All the flowers are blooming and it's just gorgeous.  I used to really love cold weather.  In fact, most of my wardrobe is cardigans.  I have a practically non-existant warm weather wardrobe despite living in a state with mostly face-melting hot months.  But, I hate going out in the cold with Violet.  I always worry she's not warm enough.    

We've had some warm weather lately though.  (We've even been wearing shorts!)  And thank goodness because Violet recently had a growth spurt and all her winter clothing was suddenly too small.  I may or may not have looked kind of like a negligent parent because I didn't want to buy bigger clothes for just one more week of winter weather.


Jon just got back from another weeklong business trip to Houston.  Luckily, it went by pretty quickly.  And when he came back he brought me back a half a dozen cupcakes from Crave Cupcakes.  Holy goodness.  I immediately inhaled one and a half...and another one around 3 a.m. when Violet was up teething.  And I don't feel guilty.  






Violet and I are just so excited Jon's back.  


I finally finished Pride and Prejudice!  A lot of modern-day love stories are filled with characters that are kind of selfish and sometimes mean.  What I love about this story is the main characters are genuinely good people.  They love their siblings and their families.  Most of the book is a series of events where characters are trying to protect and care for their family.  If you enjoy Downton Abbey (which you should!), then you'll like this book.
So now I'm super behind on March's book (The Food Babe Way) and I'll probably be behind all year now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment